This build has everything that alpha build 7542 had, as well as some more bug fixes and tweaks.
To get this update, make sure you have “Also check for pre-release (beta) versions” enabled in Settings, and then click on the Check Now button. (Unfortunately alpha/beta releases are not currently available for the Microsoft Store version of the app).
You can also download and install this update directly from the forum.
Changes since 4.2.14 alpha build 7542:
- Fixed an issue with copying large images to the clipboard: if an image would take up more than 4GB, it could not be copied because the DIB and DIBV5 formats cannot be larger than that. Now, the DIB and DIBV5 formats are not placed on the clipboard if this happens.
- Fixed an issue with Effect plugin tooltips which was preventing the menu item from being easily clicked (thanks @toe_head2001 for the fix!)
- Fixed an issue that was preventing Effect configuration dialogs from working correctly in the Visual Studio designer (thanks @toe_head2001 for the fix!) *
- Greatly improved performance when saving images at 8-bit color depth *
- Added diagnostics information to most error dialogs. This is to help with troubleshooting.
- Updated bundled AVIF FileType plugin to v188.8.131.52. This improves the default speed for saving: “Compression Mode” is renamed to “Compression Speed”, and instead of options for Fast, Normal (old default), Slow, there are now options for Fast (new default), Medium Slow. Thanks @null54!
Changes marked with an asterisk * were actually in the alpha, but I neglected/forgot to include them in the change log.