Here’s a new beta for 4.2.14 with a bunch of important fixes. I’ve also spent more time in the guts of the system doing some optimization work — you should see better performance, especially on lower end systems, or while working with larger images, or while working with images that have many layers. I’ve eliminated a lot of ephemeral allocations from the rendering engine over the last few months, which has resulted in less pressure for the garbage collector and more CPU time available for actual work (rendering!).
To get this update, make sure you have “Also check for pre-release (beta) versions” enabled in Settings, and then click on the Check Now button. (Unfortunately alpha/beta releases are not currently available for the Microsoft Store version of the app).
You can also download and install this update directly from the forum.
Changes since 4.2.14 beta build 7547:
- Fixed the Magic Wand and Paint Bucket tools so that they do calculations in the premultiplied alpha color space. This ensures that transparent colors (alpha=0) with different RGB values are treated as equal, and do not create borders.
- Fixed the Move Selected Pixels tool so that it fills the uncovered region with 0 (transparent), instead of a transparent version of the secondary color.
- Improved CPU usage when a selection is active and when GPU accelerated rendering is disabled
- Improved CPU usage when working on images that have many layers
- Fixed: Backspace now works correctly in the Colors form: it does not execute Edit -> Fill Selection
- Improved: Ellipse Selection Tool’s now tessellates at a higher resolution, resulting in smoother circles at small sizes
- Fixed: Scanning will now apply the DPI (resolution) from the scanner to the image, if possible
- Updated bundled DdsFileTypePlus plugin to v184.108.40.206. See the pdn-ddsfiletype-plus change log on GitHub for more information. Thanks @null54!
- Updated bundled AvifFileType plugin to v220.127.116.11. See the pdn-avif change log on GitHub for more information. Thanks @null54!