This is a hotfix for the recently released version 4.3 update.
Get the update
- Microsoft Store release
- Classic Desktop release
- Download the installer directly (web installer for all CPUs and OSes). This is the recommended download if you don’t have Paint.NET installed. It can also be used to update the app.
- If you already have it installed, you should be offered the update automatically within the next week or so, but you can also get it immediately by going to ⚙ Settings -> Updates -> Check Now.
- Offline Installers and Portable ZIPs are available over on GitHub.
Changes since 4.3:
- Fixed an issue with using Explorer’s "Open With" menu on Windows 7, 8.1, and some editions of Windows 10
- Fixed image thumbnails in Explorer’s Details View only having a generic document icon instead of the Paint.NET icon
- Fixed a spurious, harmless error in Settings -> Plugin Errors
- Fixed a race condition that could cause a crash
- Fixed not being able to use Ctrl+C to copy text from the Setup Downloader, which is especially important for troubleshooting