This update adds some additional low-bit-depth choices to several file types (PNG, BMP, TIFF), and fixes some bugs.
For the Classic release, you should be offered the update automatically within the next week or so. You can get the update sooner by going to ⚙ Settings → Updates → Check Now. You can also download and install it directly from the website.
Changes since 4.2.12:
- New: Added 2-bit per pixel support when saving as PNG
- New: Added 1-bit per pixel support when saving as PNG, BMP, and TIFF
- Fixed low-bit-depth saving quality (8-bit, etc.), as it would sometimes produce very bad results (e.g. only using 64 colors instead of 256)
- Fixed: Resizing an image at very large sizes (e.g. 32K pixels to 64K pixels) would fail due to an arithmetic overflow
- Fixed: Sometimes recently saved images would not have an updated thumbnail in File Explorer unless/until its window was manually refreshed
- Fixed: Sometimes saving an image to a network share would not work
- Updated bundled DDSFileTypePlus plugin to version 22.214.171.124, which fixes an issue when loading and saving images using the sRGB color space. This issue was reported here: https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/116572-dds-file-format-bc1-bc7-srgb-export-incorrectly . Thanks @null54!