It’s finally here! You can grab it via the built-in updater from the Help-> Check for Updates menu item, or go get it straight from the website at http://www.getpaint.net/
Changes since v3.22:
- New: Italian translation.
- New: Ability to save PNG’s at 8- and 24-bit color depths.
- New: Ability to save BMP’s at 8-bit color depth.
- New: "Auto-detect" bit-depth option for PNG, BMP, and TGA file types. It will analyze the image and determine the lowest bit-depth that can still save the image without quality loss.
- New: "Fragment" blur effect, by Ed Harvey
- New: The "Polar Inversion" distortion effect has been enhanced to allow changing the rendering offset, and the behavior for "edge" pixels (clamp, reflect, or wrap).
- New: For developers, added a Color Wheel control to IndirectUI for use in effect plugins.
- New: For developers, added ability to customize certain properties of the effect configuration dialog via IndirectUI.
- New: For developers, IndirectUI can now be used to write configuration UI for file types.
- New: For developers, IndirectUI has a new radio button control type for enumerations, and some new property constraint rules.
- Changed: Most effects and adjustments, including plugins that use IndirectUI, have been visually refreshed. The new look is cleaner and more compact. These changes are shown in more detail at https://blog.getpaint.net/2008/03/10/cleaning-up-the-ui-for-paintnet-v330/
- Fixed: Various UI issues with the Levels adjustment.
- Fixed: When pasting text into the Text tool with Ctrl+V, it would hide the nub for moving the text.
- Fixed: If the startup tool was set to the Zoom or Pan (Hand) tool, then the toolbar would render incorrectly.
- Fixed: Thumbnails for PDN images now include transparency, which improves their appearance in Windows Vista.
- Fixed: In some cases, an exponential property slider would get "stuck" at some values when using up/down keyboard keys. This mostly affects some effect plugins.
- Fixed: When using keyboard navigation, sometimes the File menu would scroll its items out of view.
- Fixed: Some crashes that were tracked down to out-of-bounds coordinate values in certain effects.
- Fixed: The installer would fail if Paint.NET had never been installed before, and was being installed to any non-default directory. This bug only affected version 3.22.