The alpha went quite well — there were just a bug that popped up in the UI code for the updater that seems to be finally squashed for good now.
So, here’s the beta! There are a few more fixes and improvements, most notably a right-click context menu has been added to the image/tab’s thumbnail. You can also open up this menu by pressing Alt and – (minus).
To get this update, make sure you have "Also check for pre-release (beta) versions" enabled in Settings, and then click on the Check Now button. (Unfortunately alpha/beta releases are not currently available for the Microsoft Store version of the app).
Changes since 4.2.11 alpha build 7420:
- New: Added a right-click context menu to the image thumbnail/tab. It contains commands for Copy Path, Open Containing Folder, Save, Save As, and Close.
- New: Slovenian (sl) translation
- New: Added /forceUpdateCheck command-line argument. This is intended for troubleshooting scenarios to simplify acquiring the latest version, e.g. "just run paintdotnet:/forceUpdateCheck" instead of a list of buttons to click on.
- New: Added /disableNtfsTx to disable the use of NTFS Transactions when saving images, which affords troubleshooting some scenarios that may be problematic.
- New: The items in the File -> Open Recent menu now have a tooltip with the full file path for the image
- Fixed: Error dialogs when opening images now consistently show the file path
- Fixed a crash that would sometimes happen when running effects with very small selections
- Updated WebPFileType plugin to version 126.96.36.199 (thanks @null54!)