This update has some goodies in it. AV1 (*.avif) support has been added, DirectDraw Surface (*.dds) support has been completely upgraded by way of bundling @null54‘s excellent DDSFileTypePlus plugin, and there are some great performance improvements and bug fixes.
To get this update, make sure you have “Also check for pre-release (beta) versions” enabled in Settings, and then click on the Check Now button.
You can also download this by heading over to the forum where I’ve put a direct download link.
- New: AV1 (*.avif) images can now be opened (saving is not supported). Windows 10 v1809+ and Microsoft’s AV1 Codec are required (download: https://www.microsoft.com/p/av1-video-extension-beta/9mvzqvxjbq9v)
- New: DirectDraw Surface (*.dds) support has been greatly improved due to bundling @null54‘s DDSFileTypePlus plugin. All DX10/DX11 formats should now be supported (e.g. BC4, BC5, BC6H, BC7), and encoding (saving) will make use of the GPU to greatly improve performance. Note that it’s not longer necessary to use the “.dds2” file extension.
- Improved: Startup performance has been improved
- Fixed: EXIF metadata of type Float and Double are now supported. This ensures GeoTIFF metadata is preserved.
- Fixed: Opening an image should no longer flicker because the transparency checkerboard was being drawn first
- Fixed: TGA images that are 16-bit with 1-bit alpha with a zero’d out alpha channel are now treated as opaque. This allows images from 5CC Map Maker (for Close Combat modding) to work. Thanks @null54 for the fix!
- Fixed: JPEG XR’s file extensions (*.jxr, *.wdp, *.wmp) are now registered with Explorer
- Fixed: Pasting images that use RGB pixel ordering should now work (this affects PaintTool SAI)