This build fixes compatibility with CodeLab-generated plugins whose Help functionality was broken by .NET 6, which was due to a change in GZipStream.Read() I also fixed a memory leak in Settings -> Tools, and there are 3 new translations: Catalan, Corsican, and Thai.
NOTE for Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and 32-bit/x86 users: Paint.NET v4.3.x will be the last release(s) that work on Windows 7, Windows 8.1, or on any 32-bit/x86 version of Windows. It has become significantly more difficult and time consuming to support these lately, not very many people are using them, and I can no longer justify the cost and frustration of keeping support for these afloat. Starting with Paint.NET v4.4, only Windows 10 and 11+ will be supported, and only on 64-bit (x64 and ARM64). Once Paint.NET v4.3.3 is released, I will start working on v4.4 and will only release v4.3.x updates on an as-needed basis and only until v4.4 is completed.
Get the update
To get this update, make sure you have "Also check for pre-release (beta) versions" enabled in Settings, and then click on the Check Now button. (Unfortunately alpha/beta releases are not currently available for the Microsoft Store version of the app).
You can also download the online/web installer at the forum.
Offline installers, portable ZIPs, and MSIs for deployment can be found over at the GitHub releases page.
Changes since 4.3.3 alpha build 7988:
- New translations: Catalan (ca), Corsican (co), and Thai (th)
- Fixed compatibility with 38 plugins, built with CodeLab, whose Help functionality was broken by a change in .NET 6’s implementation of GZipStream.Read(). Thanks @toe_head2001 for finding the culprit, and @AndrewDavid for extensively testing the fix!
- Fixed compatibility with the ArgusPaintNet.Convolution effect plugin
- Fixed a crash that could happen when opening Settings -> Diagnostics
- Fixed a memory leak with Settings -> Tools. Thanks @otuncelli for finding this!
- Updated the bundled AvifFileType plugin to v18.104.22.168, which fixes a crash when reading large EXIF data blocks. Thanks @null54!