This small update fixes a few pressing bugs, particularly for touch and pen input.
For the Classic release, you should be offered the update automatically within the next week or so. You can get the update sooner by going to ⚙ Settings → Updates → Check Now. You can also download and install it directly from the website.
Changes since 4.2.7:
- Fixed: Pinch-to-zoom was not working when using a touch screen (regression in 4.2.6)
- Fixed: Spacebar panning was not working when using a pen/stylus (regression in 4.2.6)
- Fixed: EXIF metadata with non-ASCII characters is now preserved correctly
- Fixed a crash that can happen when the Microsoft Store version of the app is closed for an update
- Added /repair command-line argument, which will run PdnRepair.exe. This makes it easy to use Start -> Run -> paintdotnet:/repair so you don’t have to go fishing for the installation directory.