Hot on the heels of the recent alpha release, now there’s a beta to replace it At this point, 4.1.6 is now "complete" — nothing new is going to be added to it, all translations are text complete (but may still be updated), and I’m just making sure this thing is stable before pushing it out the door and moving on toward 4.1.7. I’m planning for that within the next week.
This beta is available for the “Classic” (non-Store) installation. You can use the built-in updater by going to ⚙ Settings → Updates → Check Now within the app (make sure “Also check for pre-release (beta) versions of paint.net” is checked!), or you can head over to the forum to get the direct download link.
And here are the changes since the aforementioned alpha build:
- Improved: The newly updated app icons should now look a lot better at 120 DPI (125% scaling) and 144 DPI (150% scaling)
- New: Layers -> Rotate 180 (thanks @null54!)
- New: Move Layer commands are now present in the Layers menu, not just on the Layers window
- New: Plugins can now use the UIScaleFactor class, which makes it easy to make decisions about DPI and scaling
- Changed: Settings -> Plugin Errors now shows up even if there are no plugin errors. This ensures consistency, especially with the newly asynchronous nature of plugin loading (otherwise there’s no way to distinguish "no errors" from "not done loading plugins").
- Changed: File -> Open Recent now has up to 10 images (up from 8 )
- Fixed: Items in the File -> Open Recent menu will no longer get bigger or smaller when moving between monitors with different DPIs
- Fixed: "Bad" plugins can no longer ruin the undo system by rendering outside of the selection (thanks @BoltBait for helping out with this!)
- Improved: When many images are open, Paint.NET now closes significantly faster (thanks @Bruce Bowyer-Smyth for the fix!)
- Improved: Image thumbnail list at the top of the main window now reacts to horizontal mouse wheel or trackpad swiping
- Improved: The Text Tool’s "Font Size Metric" button now has a tooltip explaining it
- Fixed a crash when running GPU effects (e.g. Black & White) on very large, very tall images (this was actually fixed in the alpha build 7000)
4 thoughts on “paint.net 4.1.6 beta build 7010 is now available”
Please fix keyboard shortcuts on diffrient languages.
Tool “erase” (for example here) can be acessed by pressing “E” on keyboard BUT ONLY if current language selected in windows is english. This annoys me so much… It’s not THAT complicated to check keypress, NOT character input. I beg you, guys.
While we on the subject, why the heck tools’ shortcuts can’t be bound to other keys in the first place?
What language are you using then? Also, I don’t know how easy/difficult this will be to fix, and I doubt you do either unless you’ve worked a lot on Win32/WinForms apps 😛
I’m russian, so my secondary system language is also russian. To be honest, it’s easier to implement layout-independent shortcut in winform/.net application. It really bugs me how and why team did it other way.
Comments are closed.