This update adds a new Dark Theme, significantly improves High DPI support, adds Explorer thumbnails for TGA and DDS image types, and also includes a whole lot of small improvements and bug fixes.
If you’re using the Windows Store release, you should get the update automatically within the next day or so.
For the Classic release, you can use the built-in updater by going to ⚙ Settings → Updates → Check Now. You can also download it directly from the website.
- New: Dark Theme support
- New: .NET Framework 4.7 is now required, and will be automatically installed if needed
- New: Explorer thumbnails are now supported for TGA and DDS file types
- Fixed and Improved: High-DPI support throughout the application
- Fixed: Color Picker tool was not always honoring the "Switch to previous tool" setting
- Fixed the arrow keys not working properly until the second shape (or line/curve) was drawn. Reported here: https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/112145-moving-points-in-lines-not-working-how-its-supposed-to/
- Fixed the zoom slider being "wiggly" while being dragged around
- Fixed a glitch with the mouse cursor (resize handle) at the lower-left corner of the main window
- Fixed a crash in the Shape tool renderer (BadNumberException via ID2D1Geometry::GetWidenedBounds)
- Fixed a hang in the Frosted Glass effect that was reported here: https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/112005-frosted-glass-hangs-indefinitely-on-a-1×1-pixel-image/
- Fixed a hang in the Levels adjustment that was reported here: https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/111629-hang-bug-in-a-levels-tool/
- Fixed a rendering issue in the Move Selected Pixels tool that was reported here: https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/112187-selections-out-of-bounds-use-the-out-of-bounds-pixels-when-resizing/
- Fixed: Canvas now processes WM_MOUSEHWHEEL, which was preventing some horizontal mouse wheels and trackpad swipe gestures from working properly
- Fixed: Plugins will no longer completely crash the app on Windows 10 S (note, however, that plugins other than custom Shapes do not work on Windows 10 S)
- Fixed: a data loss bug when saving very large images (greater than 4GB). Reported here: https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/111823-large-image-save-bug/