This update adds the ability to configure the Rounded Rectangle shape’s corner size. It also fixes issues with scrolling and panning, effect rendering performance, high DPI, and a rare system hang caused by WPF.
As usual, you can download the update directly from the website, or you can use the built-in updater via Settings –> Updates –> Check Now.
- New: Rounded Rectangle’s corner size ("radius") is now configurable
- New: Overscroll can now be disabled from within Settings
- Fixed: The Zoom tool was broken in 4.0.10
- Fixed: Auto scroll will no longer engage overscroll. This prevents the image from shooting off in all directions when drawing on it or when making a selection.
- Fixed: Panning with the middle mouse button would sometimes be "sticky", as reported at http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/110131-dragging-with-the-mouse-wheel-is-sticky/
- Fixed: Effect rendering performance had significantly regressed in 4.0.10, by as much as 50%, on Intel CPUs with HyperThreading. http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/110090-paintnet-run-significantly-slower-on-windows-10-compared-to-windows-7/
- Fixed: Selecting the entire image and then using Zoom to Selection or the Zoom Tool would align the image in an awkward manner
- Fixed: In rare cases, Settings -> Plugin Errors was hanging the whole system (bug in WPF?). This UI is now implemented in WinForms instead of WPF. http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/110002-plugin-error-screen-complete-pc-freezelockout/
- Fixed some more high-DPI issues, especially when using multiple monitors with mixed DPI, or when using Remote Desktop