There were a few bugs that got introduced in 4.0.4, so here’s an update that fixes them. Chiefly among these bugs are a break in how the Magic Wand tool works, a crash when using Effects, and one when trying to use the Shapes tool.
As usual, you can download it directly from the website, or you can use the built-in updater via Settings –> Updates –> Check Now.
- Fixed: Subtraction mode in the Magic Wand tool was generating B-A instead of A-B.
- Fixed: Crash when using Effect –> Repeat.
- Fixed: Crash (AccessViolationException) on some systems when initializing the canvas for hardware accelerated rendering. It will still crash but then switch to software rendering for the next startup, which will then avoid the crashing.
- Fixed: Crash when clicking on the Shapes tool if you had run an old 4.0 beta/alpha and had also changed which shape is used at startup to be a line or curve.
- Fixed: Crash when using Settings –> Update –> Check Now due to incorrectly determining that UAC is not enabled.