The fourth alpha for paint.net 4.0 is now available! To install it, either use the built-in updater from a previous alpha build or head on over to the forum: http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/27642-paintnet-40-alpha-build-5105-is-now-available/
Here are the changes and fixes between the previous build (5086) and this one (5105) :
- Added Bezier curve to the Shapes tool
- Line/Curve shapes weren’t working with the rounded line cap styles
- When opening an image (e.g. JPEG), the EXIF orientation/rotation metadata is now applied
- Fixed: If you change the resolution from Image->Resolution, the selection measurement info in the status bar will now update
- Fixed the selection tools not always showing the selection measurement info in the status bar
- Text Tool: fixed Strikethrough being incorrectly rendered as Underline
- Text Tool no longer interprets something like Alt+9 as the Home key
- Fixed some effects leaving an empty progress bar in the status bar
- Fixed the Magic Wand tool sometimes leaving an animated progress bar in the status bar
- Move tool no longer resets the "angle" displayed in the status bar when you let go of the mouse, and it’s now an absolute angle versus relative to the beginning of the drag operation.
- Move tools now let you use arrow keys while the mouse button is down. This allows fine precision control over rotations and moves and scales
- Setup will now install .NET 4.5.1 instead of .NET 4.5
- Reduced download size by 116KB
- Fixed the update and language settings not carrying forward from the installer to the application
- Main window now works in High Contrast mode on Windows 8/8.1
- Settings dialog can now be accessed with Alt+X
- Fixed a cosmetic blemish in the Updater dialog (it had a black "footer")
- Fixed the Language dropdown in Settings sometimes showing up "blank"
- Fixed a pseudo-crash when using Edit->Paste followed immediately by clicking and dragging
- Fixed a crash on exit related to Direct2D and WARP
8 thoughts on “paint.net 4.0 alpha (build 5105) is now available”
Please let me know when you set up a infrastructure for sending translations (Transifex, Crowdin…). I’d be happy to volunteer as a translator.
I really can’t stand that automated Bing bull****. It’s kind of offensive for native speakers, you know? It shows disrespect for others’ languages.
If you know of a good place for me to crowdsource the translations, that’s great. I asked around a little and nobody had a good solution for me. I’d ask you to make a post on the forum about it (in the paint.net 4.0 section: http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/forum/45-paintnet-40-preview-center/ ) so that everyone can discuss it.
As fitoschido wrote, Transifex.com already hosts lots of projects. You can find volunteer as well as professional translators. You can manage projects as well as team members (i.e. people authorized to translate). Have a look.
Since this place feels less crowded to me than the forum I shall ask my question here: Why did you choose to move the Zoom Toolbar to the lower right corner? To expand upon that, why was the percentage zoom removed?
I really hate asking these types of questions to someone with as much talent as you, but I must ask. The change seems to remove a level of instant-access precision and the placement moves something vital completely away from the other tools like the brush width and anti-aliasing settings. A smaller piece of the complaint comes from the fact that my taskbar is on auto-hide and it always comes up, but that seemed way to nit-picky to make a major issue.
Other than that single issue, the alpha is absolutely great, and my question is just to gain understanding, I’m not arrogant enough to believe that I can ask for it back in its old place. Given the little I do know about programming, I recognize that it wont be moving back and it’s SO not as simple as adding a checkbox allowing it to move it back. Keep up the good work, man, it’s going nicely. Thanks for your time and your great work.
at least the percentage zoom is still there. If you click on the percentage value an edit field will open where you can enter the value directly
Please add an option under the layer menu to disable the layer selection change on visibility change. Such annoying behavior from otherwise flawless software.
Sorry, not going to happen. It’s actually way worse without that behavior. I had 10x the number of questions/complaints when it didn’t work this way.
Comments are closed.