As usual, you can either use the built-in updater from the Utilities menu, or you can download and install directly from the website: http://www.getpaint.net/. There’s no need to worry about removing the old version; that is all handled automatically.
Here’s the changes from v3.5.8:
- Improved: The "Auto-detect" bit-depth setting for PNG, BMP, and TGA now also determines which bit-depth to use based on which one produces the smallest file size, as well as which ones can save the image without losing fidelity.
- Improved: You can now use Ctrl+0 as a shortcut key for View -> Actual Size, in addition to Ctrl+Shift+A and Ctrl+Alt+0.
- Fixed: Some text in the DirectDraw Surface (DDS) Save Configuration UI was not being loaded.
- Fixed: Some DirectDraw Surface (DDS) files authored with other software (e.g. Unreal 2004) could not be loaded.
- Fixed: In some rare circumstances, clicking on the Save button in the toolbar would crash.
- Fixed: The Korean translation has been added back in, with the help of Bing machine translation to cover the few remaining strings that were untranslated.
Also, fixes since the 3.5.9 Beta include a few compatibility issues with plugins.