I discussed this update yesterday, and I’ve decided to release it before the weekend.
You can either use the built-in updater, or go to the website and download it. There’s no need to uninstall the old version; that will be taken care of automatically.
Oh! And for those who didn’t check out betas, this will be your first chance to see the background auto-updater in action. I think you’ll find it much more convenient than the in-your-face update process that older versions required you to sit through.
Changes and fixes since v3.5:
- New: For Windows 7, added taskbar progress reporting for long running operations (effects, adjustments, Image->Resize, save, install)
- Made some corrections to the French translation
- Running setup with /auto will no longer launch Paint.NET when it’s done
- Fixed an issue where Paste into New Image would refuse an image on the clipboard, even if regular Paste would take it
- Fixed a race condition with Edit->Paste and Image->Resize whereby it would take up 100% CPU and take between 1 minute to 1 hour to finish
- Fixed an issues with Copy/Paste where it would leave an extra line of transparent pixels on the left, top, right, and/or bottom edges
- Fixed lag with the paintbrush tool that was being seen on some systems
- Fixed some issues with the paintbrush and eraser tool being misaligned when zoomed in
- Fixed a crash that would happen at (seemingly) random times, such as after drawing with the paintbrush tool, on some systems
- Fixed a minor and obscure rendering glitch with the Move Selected Pixels tool
- Fixed an issue with glass over Remote Desktop or Windows 7 Virtual PC
- Fixed a minor glitch whereby the "Unsaved Changes" confirmation dialog could never finish rendering the image thumbnail if one of the Move tools was active