Alright, here we go again 🙂 This releases introduces a new Posterize adjustment, a new Intersect selection mode, and dramatically improved performance for selection editing.
Please note that this is a beta, and expires in August. You can get this by downloading it from the website, http://www.getpaint.net/ (no need to uninstall your current version, it will figure it all out for you), or via the built-in updater. For the latter, go to Help -> Check for Updates… and make sure you are set up to receive betas by clicking on the Options button and ensuring that “Also check for beta releases” is checked. Then close the dialogs and click on Help -> Check for Updates… again.
* New: Posterize adjustment, by Ed Harvey.
* New: Intersect selection mode.
* Improved: Dramatically improved selection editing performance for the Add and Subtract modes (and also for Intersect). The performance used to be dependent on image size, and thus was often unusable on images larger than 1024×768 pixels. It is now dependent only on selection complexity (number of polygon edges) — the improvement is generally between 3x and 1000x.
* Changed: Hotkeys for selection modes are now Left click for Replace, Control+Left click for Add (union), Alt+Left click for Subtract (difference), Alt+Left click for Intersect, and Ctrl+Right click for Invert (xor).
* Fixed: Sometimes pasting would result in a crash when certain types of malfored data were on the clipboard.
* Fixed: It was possible to get around some of the protections imposed by the IndirectUI system. This was causing instability with some plugins.
* Fixed: There were some issues with the implementation of “linked” sliders in IndirectUI.