Get it either from the website (http://www.getpaint.net), or from within Paint.NET itself. Note: Make sure you have “Also check for beta releases” enabled. You can access this option by going to Help -> Check for Updates, then clicking on the “Options” button.
Please be sure to report any compatibility problems with plugins! Note: The new plugin system is still subject to change. Plugins written for this alpha are not guaranteed to work with the Beta or Final releases (although I will of course do my best to avoid breaking things).
- Note: New features will be displayed in English through the Alpha and Beta release(s). The final release will include full translations for the other supported languages.
- Fixed: Paint.NET would crash if you clicked on the “start cap” or “end cap” buttons for the Line/Curve tool*
- Fixed: Using Sepia would produce a result identical to Black & White, and would also mess up the undo history
- Changed: Tolerance slider control is now 25% wider as per request on the forum
- Changed: Improved the Magic Wand cursor
- Changed: Improved the Paint Bucket cursor
- Fixed: OnSetRenderInfo() was being called twice for effects that use the new property system
- Fixed: Soften Portrait allows “0” for the Softness value again
- Fixed: Tweaked some of the slider controls in some of the revamped effects
- Fixed: Compatibility with several plugins
* You would not believe how many e-mails I got about this crash! Good thing it was just an alpha relase!
9 thoughts on “Paint.NET v3.20 Alpha 2 is now available”
“Fixed: Compatibility with several plugins”
I don’t understand well: will the compatible plugins PdN 3.1x be compatible PdN 3.2x? I thought that the handle system of the plugins was completely remade.
Thank you for the update.
Zis – They should be compatible. The goal is that you shouldn’t have to ask that question 🙂
I’m glad to see the end cap tool is fixed. Figures… the one time I use that feature.
Thanks again Rick for another great release!
Good job!Thank you for the new release.I will support you forever:)
Ah, good! I was also limited a little, especially by the Film plugin, I’m always using it 😉
Awesome! Keep churning out the good stuff!
I did the comment and it seemed failed.What I want to say is I will support you forever and thank you for ur hard work.
Another milestone release is coming closer to its most desired final release yet! Great work! The improvements/new features will be so much fun!
Impressive is not enough to describe it…so, simply:
PDN is awesome, Mr. Brewster!
Comments are closed.