This is a small update that improves the sharpness of the canvas, and fixes a few other small issues.
Get the Update
There are two releases of Paint.NET:
- Microsoft Store release (recommended)
- You can purchase it here. This helps fund development and is an alternative or supplement to sending in a donation.
- If you already have it installed, the update should happen automatically once Microsoft certifies the update, usually within the next day or so. To get the update immediately (once it’s certified), you can follow the instructions listed here.
- Classic Desktop release
- Download the installer from the website . This is the recommended download if you don’t have Paint.NET installed. It can also be used to update the app.
- If you already have it installed, you should be offered the update automatically within the next few days, but you can also get it immediately by going to ⚙ Settings -> Updates -> Check Now.
- Offline Installers and Portable ZIPs are available over on GitHub.
Changes since v5.0.5:
- Improved the sharpness of the canvas, which had gotten too blurry in 5.0.4 in some cases
- Added a “reset to default” button for Image->Resize’s Resampling option
- Fixed a rendering artifact on the canvas where sometimes the transparency checkerboard would be visible at the bottom pixel of an image when it shouldn’t be
- Fixed a glitch with the canvas zoom slider where it would draw the tracking thumb at the wrong position when the zoom level was at 10,000%
- Fixed a rare hang that could happen when opening an image
3 thoughts on “paint.net 5.0.6 is now available”
Sent some coin your way thru paypal. Love paint.net, but I despise the windows store&apps, emulating bad actor apple, doesn’t improve an already f#cked up tech world.
In any case, keep up the great work, I despise adobe as well!