This upcoming release is adding JPEG XR support and fixing a handful of important bugs.
To get this update, make sure you have "Also check for pre-release (beta) versions" enabled in Settings, and then click on the Check Now button.
You can also download it directly by heading over to the forum.
- New: JPEG XR file type support
- Fixed: Holding Ctrl when dragging a selection with Move Selected Pixels will again leave a copy behind (but only with the mouse)
- Fixed: The mouse wheel may now be used to scroll the Palettes menu in the Colors window (thanks @AndrewDavid for the suggestion and @toe_head2001 for the fix!)
- Fixed crashes when saving DDS images
- Fixed VTF plugin compatibility; it was not working in 4.2 except for images that were an exact power-of-2 size on each dimension
- Fixed: .BMP files can be opened even if they’re not actually BMP images (they still need to be a valid WIC-supported file type such as PNG, JPEG, etc.)
- Fixed (stabilized) menu ordering of effect plugins that have duplicate names
- Fixed metadata handling that was preventing some images with EXIF tag 330 from being able to load
- Fixed metadata preservation for old images that pad EXIF string values with null terminators
- Fixed title bar text color when using certain custom accent colors in Windows 10
- Fixed very bad performance when opening large images with embedded rotation metadata
7 thoughts on “paint.net 4.2.1 beta build 7152”
Supports WEBP formats please.
There’s a plugin for that. I’m also planning on bundling it within the next few releases.
Support AVIF, please. It’s already supported by latest Win 10 update.
Getting there. Probably soon.
This has been added for the upcoming 4.2.2 update.
Comments are closed.