This upcoming release is adding JPEG XR support and fixing a handful of important bugs.
To get this update, make sure you have "Also check for pre-release (beta) versions" enabled in Settings, and then click on the Check Now button.
You can also download it directly by heading over to the forum.
- New: JPEG XR file type support
- Fixed: Holding Ctrl when dragging a selection with Move Selected Pixels will again leave a copy behind (but only with the mouse)
- Fixed: The mouse wheel may now be used to scroll the Palettes menu in the Colors window (thanks @AndrewDavid for the suggestion and @toe_head2001 for the fix!)
- Fixed crashes when saving DDS images
- Fixed VTF plugin compatibility; it was not working in 4.2 except for images that were an exact power-of-2 size on each dimension
- Fixed: .BMP files can be opened even if they’re not actually BMP images (they still need to be a valid WIC-supported file type such as PNG, JPEG, etc.)
- Fixed (stabilized) menu ordering of effect plugins that have duplicate names
- Fixed metadata handling that was preventing some images with EXIF tag 330 from being able to load
- Fixed metadata preservation for old images that pad EXIF string values with null terminators
- Fixed title bar text color when using certain custom accent colors in Windows 10
- Fixed very bad performance when opening large images with embedded rotation metadata