This should be the final alpha release of 4.1.7. Next up I’ll be integrating translation updates, fixing any last issues, and releasing the final build.
A lot more work went in this build than I was expecting! I decided to take on the work of making sure effect plugins could have good access to the clipboard, which is otherwise a very buggy area to navigate. A lot of other bugs and things were sorted out as well.
To download, head on over to the forum where I’ve posted a direct download link.
Note: I’ll be adding this to the built-in updater shortly. For now, please use the download link at the forum.
Changes since build 7079:
- New: Keyboard shortcuts for changing the current layer. You can see these in the Layers menu with the "Go to …" commands. Alt+PgUp/PgDown will go to the layer above/below, and Ctrl+Alt+PgUp/PgDown will go to the top/bottom layer.
- New: PNGs can now be saved as "interlaced"
- New: Plugins that use IndirectUI can now use a UriProperty with a LinkLabel control (thanks @null54!)
- New: Effect plugins can now more easily make use of the clipboard via the IClipboardService. It will handle all of the tricky clipboard issues such as threading, native data marshaling, and avoiding security vulnerabilities that exist in the standard WinForms and WPF clipboard APIs.
- Improved: When using Edit->Copy, a 32-bit BGRA bitmap in the DIBV5 format is now placed onto the clipboard so that other apps can read the alpha channel.
- Improved: When using Edit->Paste, DIBV5’s are now supported if they have an alpha channel. If they don’t, then the regular DIB loader is used which has some heuristics for detecting an incorrectly defined alpha channel and correcting for it.
- Improved: When using Edit->Paste, PNG is now the highest priority format. This maximizes the ability to maintain alpha/transparency, but it does mean that images coming from Microsoft Office apps will appear larger than they used to. This is either a bug or a feature of Microsoft Office. For some reason it places PNGs on the clipboard that are 25%+ larger than the DIB/DIBV5 bitmap that it also places on the clipboard (but which don’t have alpha/transparency).
- Fixed: 8-bit TGA images should now load correctly (thanks @null54 for the fix!)
- Fixed: Some 32-bit TGA images were showing up as completely transparent due to their use of an obscure alpha channel type (thanks @null54 for the fix!)
- Fixed: Simple message boxes can now be closed with the ESC key
- Fixed: Some TIFFs could not be resaved as a JPEG due to having too much metadata (usually from Adobe Photoshop). The metadata is now discarded if necessary.
- Changed: Blocked the WebP FileType v184.108.40.206 plugin due to instability. An update is already available.
- Changed: Blocked the ImAgif FileType v0.12.0.1084 plugin due to incompatibility. An update will hopefully soon be available.